PUYALLUP, WA — Pierce County states vouchers are nevertheless accessible for its Senior Farmers Current market Nutrition Program.
The Senior Farmers Marketplace Nourishment Program gives $40 vouchers to suitable Pierce County seniors, which can be redeemed to obtain foodstuff at choose local farmers marketplaces and fruit stands.
To qualify, candidates have to:
- Be 60 years previous or more mature.
- Indigenous American and Alaska Native people are eligible at 55+
- Have an earnings below 185% of Federal Poverty Degree.
- Which is $23,828 for every calendar year for a 1-person household, $49,025 for a four people today.
- Live within Pierce County.
The plan officially began in May perhaps, but early adopters have just started off receiving their vouchers and the county suggests they have numerous much more readily available for those people who will need them.
Funding for the plan is furnished by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the State of Washington. The application alone is run by Pierce County Ageing and Incapacity Means.